Across the country, amid the current political climate, immigrant families are living in despair and avoiding public places for fear of becoming a victim of an ICE raid.
To ease this fear, and be prepared for a potential life-altering event, Qualitas of Life encourages immigrant families to equip themselves with knowledge about their legal and financial rights and develop a plan to respond to and recover from any type of enforcement activity targeting immigrant families.
Qualitas of Life provides the following essential tips for our community:
- Gain a better understanding of your rights and the resources available to access legal assistance
- Be prepared for and know how to respond to the threat of a potential detention or deportation
- Keep copies of all important documents in a safe place
- Be sure you will not lose your money in case of a deportation
- Get ready to prepare for an emergency: you can protect your family financial assets
- Do not carry large amounts of money in cash
- Protect your money in a financial institution
- Make sure you or your family members can access your money in the event of detention or deportation
- Make a budget for your children
- Create a family emergency and recovery plan
Below you can find our Know your Financial Rights brochure and Financial Plan and Family Preparedness guide (Spanish versions).
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/4″][us_single_image image=”4137″ size=”tnail-1×1-small” align=”left”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_column_text]
Our Know your financial rights brochure provides information about the rights and obligations that our community has over their money regardless of their immigration status.
[/vc_column_text][us_btn text=”Download Brochure” align=”center” link=”url:http%3A%2F%2Fqualitasoflife.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F07%2FConoce-tus-derechos-financieros-QoLF_brochure.pdf|||”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/4″][us_single_image image=”5431″ size=”tnail-1×1-small” align=”left”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_column_text]
Financial Plan and Family Preparedness is a guide for families to make a family preparation plan in case of an migratory process (detention, deportation or voluntary departure).
[/vc_column_text][us_btn text=”Download Guide” align=”center” link=”url:http%3A%2F%2Fqualitasoflife.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F07%2FPlan-Financiero-de-Preparaci%25C3%25B3n-Familiar.pdf|||”][/vc_column][/vc_row]