Across the country, amid the current political climate, immigrant families are living in despair and avoiding public places for fear of becoming a victim of an ICE raid.
To ease this fear, and be prepared for a potential life-altering event, Qualitas of Life encourages immigrant families to equip themselves with knowledge about their legal and financial rights and develop a plan to respond to and recover from any type of enforcement activity targeting immigrant families.
Qualitas of Life provides the following essential tips for our community:
- Gain a better understanding of your rights and the resources available to access legal assistance
- Be prepared for and know how to respond to the threat of a potential detention or deportation
- Keep copies of all important documents in a safe place
- Be sure you will not lose your money in case of a deportation
- Get ready to prepare for an emergency: you can protect your family financial assets
- Do not carry large amounts of money in cash
- Protect your money in a financial institution
- Make sure you or your family members can access your money in the event of detention or deportation
- Make a budget for your children
- Create a family emergency and recovery plan