New York, NY, February 8th, 2019
Join us on Thursday, February 21 at P.S. 306 in the Bronx for free and confidential immigration legal services and a free financial access fair!
The Key to the City – Community Resource Event will provide a friendly-immigrant platform for attendees to open an account with a community-oriented credit union or a bank, or access to free and confidential legal consultation on immigration matters. Attendees can also participate in a Know Your Rights workshop and/or a Know Your Financial Rights to learn about their rights as an immigrant in the United States.
The Community Resource Event is sponsored by the New York City Council, the New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC), in partnership with Qualitas of Life Foundation and the New York Legal Assistance Group.
What kind of community resources will be at the event?
- There will be free and confidential one-on-one consultations with the New York Legal Assistance Group (NYLAG).
- To schedule a free legal clinic appointment, go to https://rebrand.ly/legalclinicfeb and fill out the form
- Qualitas of Life Foundation is partnering with financial institutions to provide:
- One-on-one financial services
- An opportunity to open a bank account
- Information on financial services for you and your family